Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Book Review: Hidding Place by Corrie ten Boom

I have always loved to read. I am never very far from the book that I am reading; it is always within arms reach. Stories are a powerful thing because whether you intend to or not you always learn something from them. It may be a new life lesson or it may be an new fact that will dazzle your friends but you always learn something.

One of the best books that I have ever read is The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom. It is a marvelous tale about faith and survival. The novel is about the life of Corrie ten Boom and her family during the Nazi invasion of Holland. She and her sister Betsie, already in the middle of their lives, along with their elderly father hide Jewish refugees from the government.

I will try not to give the entire narrative away

The ten Boom's story is truly inspiring. They are extraordinary people who manage to keep their faith in Christ through-out some pretty horrific experiences. It is beautifully written and I felt very close to the family as I read.

I am usually not big on reading non-fiction stories. I read this at the suggestion of a friend and I was grateful that I did. Corrie ten Boom's words are truly inspired. The story reminded me that regardless of what is happening in my life God is always there and He will never forsake me.

The Hiding Place is a truly remarkable read. I give this book an A+ and a peaceful sigh as I think about the story again. There are so many wonderful lessons that can be gleaned from this book.

No comments: