Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Doldrums

Hello again. It has been a while since I have written anything. I wish it was because I was busy doing something important like curing world hunger, writing a novel, or cleaning my room. But I will be honest with you; the summer doldrums have hit hard.

Right now where I live it has been hot and sticky with rain. This leads any self-respecting college student to do the one thing that we do best: Sleep!

When I am not busy, I can usually be found lyin
g on my bed with a book in hand and a glass of ice tea on my night stand. But after a while I am overcome by a strong sense that if I just lie down for a while everything else will seem so much better. So I grab my pillow, turn on my music player to drown out the annoying, ever-present droning of the choir of cicadas outside and take a nap.

I must say it is nice to be able to sleep with such wild abandon.

Summer has never been my favorite season.
It is hot and sticky and there is only so much you can take off before people start to stare. I also feel like I am in some sort of awkward holding pattern until school starts up again. All my focus is gone and I am never quite sure what to do with my time. And have I mentioned that it is hot out?

There are some things I do like about it. Ice cream shops, being able to cross the river on the exposed rocks, swimming and camping, walking in the park, etc. But I would like it all so much better if the heat index were
n't so high.

Anyways. Here are some pictures that I took awhi
le ago.
The Locks.

Proof that cats and dogs can live peacefully.

I hope you enjoy the post and the pics. :) Let me know what you think but be kind if you criticize.

No comments: